Lightly coated chickpea and rice flour provide the perfect crunch for this favorite snack of Kale Crisps.
Adjust the seasoning and spices to taste. Sometimes I use cumin and coriander powder with a hint of paprika for the seasoning, and sometimes just plain kale with no flavors or flours except a sprinkling of salt.
5 packed cups coarsely chopped kale leaves
¼ cup rice flour
¼ cup chickpea flour
1 tsp chili powder
1 Tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Wash the chopped kale and drain; place in a large enough container
- Drizzle the oil, then sprinkle the flours and seasoning; toss well till a thin layer of the flours adhere to the kale leaves
- Place the coated kale leaves on a greased roasting pan and roast in the 350°F oven for about 12-15 minutes
- Check partway and flip the kale to crisp uniformly; turn the pan if needed; if the kale is not done to desired crispness, leave it in the oven for another couple of minutes; watch closely so as not to char
- Remove and serve warm; or, allow to cool completely in a rack and store in an airtight container