Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, May 12, 2008

Queen Cupcakes

queen-cakes-2


This recipe, again, is based on the one in Cupcakes book by Susanna Tee. This time, I had a reason for baking them: for my parents' wedding anniversary!

queen-cakes-1
After 3 years, my parents are here with me again to help with my newborn and I wanted to celebrate by baking them some simple cupcakes. I baked this as a surprise in the middle of the night between feedings and had it set up in the morning on the table so that when my dad wakes up at 5 a.m for his morning coffee, he would see it :)

Ingredients
½ cup sugar
8 Tbsp butter
2 large eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1¼ cup self-rising flour
2-4 Tbsp milk, if needed
chopped dried fruits, walnuts as desired
(I used store-bought multicolored chopped fruits)

frosting is optional - I used store-bought frosting leftover from baking a cake for Ana.

Preparation
  1. Heat the oven to 375°F; prepare a muffin pan or place paper baking cases on a cookie sheet
  2. Beat the butter and sugar till light and fluffy; then beat in the eggs and lemon juice; then add the flour a little at a time and fold it in till well incorporated; add a little milk if needed to make the batter into dropping consistency
  3. Spoon the batter into the prepared paper baking cases or muffin pan and bake in 375°F oven for about 15 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
  4. frosting is optional - I just decided to add a free-hand touch of frosting to these:)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 4:26 AM, Blogger Aparna Balasubramanian said…

    Must be really nice to have your parents with you and Ana must be having fun.
    Any idea why they're called Queen cupcakes?

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Sheela said…

    hi aparna, nope, no idea why it is called queen cupcake - the book says they have been popular since the 18th century and were baked in individual flute pans at that time - and these are apparently the simplest cupcakes :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older