Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Simple pan-fried gyoza packets

June-15-2010


I was sifting through my photos and remembered this crisp and hot snack we had a few months back, before my summer trip to India.

Nothing extraordinary about it except the memory associated with it - it was an overcast weekend and I wanted something quick and fried, but fairly "healthy", so this was just pan-fried, not deep-fried.

I wasn't in the mood for pot-stickers, although that was the intention when I bought these wrappers. Spring rolls or samosa was on my mind that day but spring roll wrappers weren't handy...

Anyway, at some point, I wanted to teach myself how to make gyoza wrappers at home, but, store-bought wrappers are what make this snack appealing to me - easy to make and they have a slightly different texture compared to deep-fried spring roll wrappers.

Ingredients
Gyoza wrappers
some veggies for filling
some oil for pan frying

Preparation
  1. Shred cabbage, carrots, onions; grate some ginger, crush some cloves of garlic
  2. Sauté them with a touch of salt, keep this filling handy
  3. Prepare the gyoza: add just enough filling to the wrappers (I tend to overfill and create a mess), fold as preferred - I just make a packet, nothing fancy, just like a gift-wrap, then, seal with some water
  4. Heat about 1 Tbsp of oil in a pan, place the packets carefully, allow to brown on both sides evenly
  5. Serve warm with dipping sauces, as appetizers or an afternoon snack


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older