Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mini Indulgences

yummy-food-1


I haven't bothered to cook anything at my mom's what with all the delicious favorites she has been making for us so far...

Well, I take it back, I have been cooking - only the morning oatmeal and occasional ravioli for the kids. I sneak in Junior Horlicks™ (with DHA) into their morning Weikfield™ oatmeal, and some Maggie™ vegetable cube flavoring into their ravioli. And since neither is interested in any solid food intake so far during this visit, I am just throwing up my hands in frustration and letting them live on air and water, some milk and yogurt, till they come around.

Meanwhile, feeling a little guilty, I quietly appreciate the mini indulgences my mom presents, grateful for the respite from the kitchen duty I have back home.

Seen here is a simple meal of Mango fruit (mambazham) mor-kozhambu, lablab/hyacinth beans and snake-gourd poduthuval, usually served with plain white rice.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Kay said…

    It is a quite a big adjustment for the kids. :( Hopefully things will get better soon.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Cynthia said…

    Who wants to cook when mom is around to make delicious treats? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older