Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, June 29, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake

strawberry-shortcake-1


Nothing special about this, just realized I hadn't posted my series of strawberry recipes that I made from the fresh strawberries we picked not too long ago.

Simply bake the shortcake, make strawberry compote (I like chunks and whole berries in it), serve topped with whipped cream :)

I just looked up the shortcake recipe on the web - didn't bother bookmarking, they are all pretty much the same. I cut back on sugar in the shortcake as well as compote, letting the natural sweetness of Hood strawberries steal the show.

Serve any way you like - shortcake topped with the compote and whipped cream, or slice the shortcake and fill it with compote as in picture. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older