Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, June 15, 2009

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

strawberry-banana-smoothie-1


Very much like spiced banana breakfast shake, this could be a simple and wholesome meal in itself, especially if you like savoring a full 16oz in one go :)

Now, I used soy milk and whey protein powder in this just for a boost, but, can leave it out. Frozen bananas are the key, in my book at least, to get the thick rich texture.

A few fresh strawberries from our garden was handy, so I used them for garnish and presentation here.

Instead of strawberries, either blueberries or chunks of mango (my favorite), or even raspberries(D's favorite) can be used.

This has become such a favorite with Ana, especially when I whip it up in no time at her request that it almost seems like she is taking it for granted. Well, no matter - what are mom's for, right?! And, since I don't have to shell out 5$ to 7$ for a tall 16oz., I am glad to make it at home in its simplest and most-satisfying form :)

Ingredients
1 pint freshly picked sweet Hood strawberries*
2 medium bananas, peeled and left in the freezer for about 30 minutes
1 Tbsp whey protein powder
2-3 cups soy milk (or skim milk)
1-2 Tbsp Agave nectar

*Or any kind is fine, just that Hood that we picked are incredibly sweet and juicy

Preparation
Simply combine the ingredients and blend, adjusting milk/soy milk to get desired consistency.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger gtyuk said…

    delicious smoothie, ideal for the season; that jug is enough for my dinner :)

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Sheela said…

    HI Akal's Saappadu, Very nice of you to constantly cheer my preparations! Summer weekends, it is just nice to make a big smoothie and have it as a brunch and not worry about cooking till dinnertime :) It reminds me of the tall jug of old rice blended with buttermilk that my mom used to give us for breakfast during summer hols! Kept us going till afternoon tea/snack time!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Cynthia said…

    I made this just the other day. It is such a good combo isn't it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older