Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, January 21, 2013

Fenugreek Capers Yogurt Sauce with Baked Turkey Meatballs

ground turkey meatballs fenugreek capers yogurt dip


Dips and Sauces sometimes make the dish - they add that unique flavor to take an everyday wholesome food from good-and-healthy to mouth-watering-and-exciting .

In my kitchen, I come up with sauces and dips on-the-fly frequently. And many of these sauces and dips come about without much forethought. Which means, I don't get to write down the exact measurements as I am not paying attention to that aspect.

I usually have a pack of Methi leaves (dried fenugreek leaves) handy. It is readily available at most Indian stores. I use it in Rotis and Naan and Pita bread.

This Spicy Fenugreek Capers Yogurt sauce (dip) just happened one day when I was looking to serve the plain old meatballs with something that can double as a dip and dressing. And, since it was quite delicious, I immediately wrote down the things I added, from memory. Short-term memory served me well, I think, as I tried this recipe again a week later and the sauce turned out just as delicious. So here it is...

For the Fenugreek-Capers-Yogurt Sauce:
¼ cup plain thick non-fat Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp Oilive oil
1 Tbsp dried Fenugreek leaves (Methi)
1 Tbsp Capers
1 tsp stone-ground spicy mustard
1 tsp red wine vinegar
4 pickled jalapeño rings
salt to taste

Combine the ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth and creamy.

For the Baked Turkey Meatballs:
The almond meal plus flaxseed meal combination is one of the favorites. I had saved some that I had made for the Almond-Flax Encrusted Baked Chicken Nuggets (before use), which I decided to use up for this meatball.

Ingredients
10 to 12 oz lean ground turkey
¼ to 1/3rd cup seasoned almond+flaxseed meal mixture
Cooking spray


  1. Pre-heat the oven to 425°F
  2. Add the seasoned Almond-Flaxseed meal a little at a time to the ground turkey and knead well; shape into firm balls
  3. Place the balls in a roasting pan, spray with some cooking spray, turn the balls over and spray all around
  4. Bake in a 425°F oven for about 15 minutes, checking part-way
  5. When the internal temperature is close to 170°F remove from the oven and allow to rest
  6. Serve warm in a bed of lettuce topped with marinated red onions and peppers, with the Fenugreek Capers Yogurt sauce that doubles as a salad dressing





Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older