Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Friday, July 01, 2011

Just a quick How Do You Do for now...

While not much is going on this summer - nothing fantastic, nothing too hectic - it seems like I am getting too emotional thanks to visiting my family. After my last trip to India in 2009, I am seeing my parents only now... while intellectually I can understand aging, I refuse to accept it when it comes to my parents.

Seems like I've been on a certain hiatus from this beloved blog of mine thanks to travel thereby away from my kitchen. I am getting to enjoy my mom's cooking again. I should post her recipes here. Or at least the pictures. Or maybe I should just post the hand-made things she has been churning out over the last few weeks...

I hope our home-garden is doing well despite my absence, perhaps there'll be enough to harvest when we get back...

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Totally get you on the parents aging - my mom turns 60 this year and I can't believe it. Then I count the number of years its been since I graduated and just stop. Have a good trip back and enjoy the yummy veggies while you are there.
    Sudeepta

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Kay said…

    My just retired this May after being a teacher for ...hmm.. let's just say ages. I know and understand how 'I' am growing up and age as I speak. but somehow can't accept my parents aging.

    Have a great trip in India. Eat some mangoes for me.

     
  • At 3:28 AM, Blogger rahul said…

    enjoy the trip we miss your dishes and try to know some different different wonderful dishes their
    rahul
    Marathahalli, Bangalore Property

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Sheela said…

    Sudeepta:: Thanks! Glad you took the time to leave a sweet note for me.

    Kay:: I hear you, girl. Thanks! Will connect via FB or something when I get back... Hope your summer is going on well.

    Rahul:: Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older