Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Saturday, February 24, 2007

strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri easy recpe
I've looked at Ice Cream/Yogurt Makers and walked away many times before.

We make yogurt from a culture without a fancy apparatus anyway, and, I figured, better to keep the temptation at bay - if I can easily make ice cream at home, i might end up having it everyday, was my reasoning...

But, the Ice Cream/Yogurt Maker was on my Wish List anyway...

Last Christmas, we exchanged our Wish Lists as usual, and my brother gifted us a Cuisinart Ice Cream/Yogurt/Sorbet Maker! We have been trying different things with it at home ever since... This frozen strawberry daiquiri is one such. And, to my surprise, I have made ice cream only 3 times in the last 2 months. Yay!

We still have a ton of berries we picked last summer from local farms, all frozen of course. And looks like it will be berry season again in a few months and we need to use up the stash.

strawberry daiquiri easy recipe1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries
2½ cups water
1 cup granulated sugar (less if you don't like it sweet)
¼ cup lime juice (more if you like it tart)
½ cup light rum

Puree the thawed strawberries in a blender, then, add the other ingredients and process till smooth. Turn ON the Ice Cream maker and pour the strawberry mixture into the freezer bowl and leave it on for about 20 minutes till the mixture become slushy.

Serve up and Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older