Picked up some fresh veggies bursting with color at the farm and couldn't bring myself to cook them...
Of course, couldn't let them wilt and shrivel either.
So, made this simple dish that showcases the varying flavors and bright colors.
- Clean, dice, and par-cook the carrots, gold beets, and purple radish in the microwave for about 4 mins
- Meanwhile, clean, chop, and saute the beet greens and radish greens, with some diced onions and a touch of coconut oil
- Drain and toss the cooked beets, radish, and carrots with the greens, adjust salt, allow to cook together
- Meanwhile, grind some coconut and green chilies together - about ⅓ cup grated coconut with 1 Serrano chili; then stir this into the veggies in the pan
- Tempering (optional): Heat coconut oil in a small pan, when shimmering add the mustard seeds and when they pop, add the cumin seeds and when they splutter, remove from heat and toss it into the veggies.
- Serve warm with rice or roti; or enjoy as-is.