Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tangy Tuscan Dressing

tangy tuscan salad ressing


It goes in cycles - the craving for a certain type of dressing, I mean. Since salad is an every day affair,  a variety of dressing and vinaigrette makes it enticing for me.

And, depending on my mood and ingredients, some combination of ingredients I make-up manages to deliver the perfect dressing while others are just so-so, still good but not enough to become a temporary obsession.

This Tangy Tuscan Dressing, inspired by the typically Tuscan flavors of tomatoes, oregano, basil, red peppers and garlic, is a recent obsession favorite.

Of course, Fusion Cuisine being my signature, I do bring together flavors from other cuisines to personalize this dressing - especially Sambal Oelek, a prominent staple.

Adjust vinegar to oil ratio as preferred - the measurements below are just a start, an approximation. I usually taste the basic blend and then add a dash more of vinegar or salt or anything else as my taste directs. Add more water to make a thinner dressing; I prefer it thick and rich.

 A bed of fresh crisp Romaine hearts or even good old green leaf lettuce dotted with goat cheese and Tangy Tuscan Dressing has been a favorite meal starter for a couple of weeks now, urging me to record this concoction.

Ingredients
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (drain the oil)
¼ cup Pomegranate Red Wine Vinegar
2 to 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 to 3 Tbsp Wheat Germ
6 to 8 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 to 2 Tbsp Sambal Oelek
¼ cup Kalamata Olives
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp Smoked Paprika powder
¼ tsp Cumin powder
4 Tbsp chopped roasted red bell peppers
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar (more, if preferred)
¼ cup water (more or less)


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older