Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Asparagus Salad

v

I still remember the sweet juicy white Spargel I had a few years ago in Germany, where Asparagus (aka Spargel) is usually white as they grow it under cover of soil.

This Asparagus Salad is very simple and open to variations. Simply blanch the asparagus, toss in some pepper strips, spring onions, onions, even sliced cooked potatoes as I do here to make it a full meal.

Dress with favorite vinaigrette - I like the Aka Miso and Blue Agave Nectar vinaigrette. Just a hint of citrus vinaigrette would be good as well.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 1:42 AM, Anonymous B o o. said…

    Wow! The photo is beautiful! Im on an asparagus OD these days especially in restaurants where my only veggie options are Asparagus soup and Asparagus salad! But Im not complaining! ;)

     
  • At 2:57 AM, Blogger Priya Suresh said…

    Very catchy and yummy salad.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Sheela said…

    B o o: Thanks! Isn't it nice to OD on seasonal vegetables/fruits - reminds me of the "mambazha season" in Madras - I would gorge on every variety till the sight of them would make my tummy wince :)

    Priya: Thanks! Very sweet of you to stop by and drop a note here regularly. I appreciate it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older