Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

rosemary potato bread

rosemary-potato-bread-1


I have some starter that I have been feeding and using over a few months now. I wanted to make a simple rosemary potato loaf. The rosemary in our garden is still fine and thriving and so I decided the make this rosemary potato bread using a recipe I found at recipezaar.

Ingredients:
as listed in the recipezaar recipe, except:
instead of melted butter, I used canola oil
and about 4-6 Tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary

The dough does need to be left alone to rise overnight, per the recipe. And, spraying with water every 15 minutes while baking just like the recipe says was quite a bit of fun and I think it also gave a nice crust.

Toasting a few slices with some herbed garlic butter made this a good accompaniment to a simple pasta meal. And, it was great with soups as well... plus the bread made a good earthy bruschetta snack.

rosemary-potato-bread-2

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Padmaja said…

    Sheela
    Thats indeed an amazing potato bread. I am literally all over that picture for a slice!!

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Mansi said…

    Looks great Sheela! rosemary is the only herb that thrives in my aptio, and I try using it in my italian cooking as much as I can..I made a similar bread with more herbs and parmesan cheese some time ago:) I'm sure you must have enjoyed relishing that piece of bread!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Sagari said…

    bread looks awesomeeeeee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older