Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, August 06, 2007

Eggplant and Summer Squash

easy recipe home grown garden eggplant and summer squash asian

Ichiban and Neon eggplants in the garden are fruiting about half-a-dozen or so every few days and am frantically trying to use them up. If the sun decides to blaze down this weekend, I would like to slice and dry some of them and make what are called "vatthal" in Tamil - sun dried anything is a vatthal,I believe - and eggplant vatthal would make a wonderful vatthal kuzhambu, I am sure... we'll see... it has been quite cloudy and mild here for the last several days.

Meanwhile, I decided to use the current yield and make a favorite: Eggplant in Miso Sauce. This recipe is pretty much the same as my older recipe, but, I used home grown summer squash in addition to eggplant. Also, this time I made a little more sauce so it doesn't just coat the vegetables lightly, but, sort of lets the vegetables float in it :-)

Eggplant recipes happen to dominate my recipe index... possibly because I have a variety of eggplant handy in my backyard, I suppose...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older