I had ground up some quinoa to stock up on quinoa meal, about fine corn meal consistency, to make vegetable porridge. And used some of it to make these griddle cake-like fritters loaded with veggies.
Of course, the outsides got a bit too well done on the cast iron skillet, but, the insides were moist and cooked; the taste was just fine, so we enjoyed it with some chutneys.
- Finely grate eggplant and zucchini, squeeze out excess water and keep handy
- Finely mince kale, onions, and mushrooms
- Add seasoning to taste
- Fold in the quinoa flour or meal, adding a little water as needed to make the batter about pancake consistency; alternately, keep water to a minimum to shape into patties
- Cook on a medium hot cast iron skillet
- Serve with tomato chutney and coriander-mint chutney