I seem unable to resist picking up a bag of colorful mini peppers whenever I see it at the store- especially when it is on sale. There are recipe ideas on the bag, which I adapt to suit my tastes. This recipe here was inspired by a recipe on the bag of mini peppers I bought a while back.
The filling can be anything from a combination of cheeses to Indian style tamarind-and-mint or even potatoes-and-peas.
I went with a combination of goat cheese and feta this time: 3 parts goat cheese to 1 part feta. I made 3 kinds of fillings based on what I added to the goat cheese + feta mixture:
1. Habanero salsa (drain out the liquid) or any favorite salsa
2. Cilantro pesto (make it fairly thick)
3. German-style mustard with home-made sauerkraut (drained)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Cut the peppers in half with the stem on, and seed them if preferred
- Spoon some filling, place them in a single layer in a roasting pan, drizzle some olive oil
- Bake in 350°F oven for about 10 minutes
Fresh from the oven, warm and flavorful, a plateful of these stuffed peppers are hard to refuse.