Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Stuffed Mini Pepper Bites

goat cheese stuffed peppers

I seem unable to resist picking up a bag of colorful mini peppers whenever I see it at the store- especially when it is on sale. There are recipe ideas on the bag, which I adapt to suit my tastes. This recipe here was inspired by a recipe on the bag of mini peppers I bought a while back.

The filling can be anything from a combination of cheeses to Indian style tamarind-and-mint or even potatoes-and-peas.

I went with a combination of goat cheese and feta this time: 3 parts goat cheese to 1 part feta. I made 3 kinds of fillings based on what I added to the goat cheese + feta mixture:
1. Habanero salsa (drain out the liquid) or any favorite salsa
2. Cilantro pesto (make it fairly thick)
3. German-style mustard with home-made sauerkraut (drained)


  1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F
  2. Cut the peppers in half with the stem on, and seed them if preferred
  3.  Spoon some filling, place them in a single layer in a roasting pan, drizzle some olive oil
  4. Bake in 350°F oven for about 10 minutes
Fresh from the oven, warm and flavorful, a plateful of these stuffed peppers are hard to refuse.


Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Lovely photography of the sweet peppers! Looks most delicious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older